Every once in a blue moon I like to think about recordings that I never seem to tire of. Perhaps you have a few that come under that category. Of late I have been giving a serious listen to Chuck Berry and now view him as a major contributor of the blues. His recording pictured here proves that without a shadow of doubt. Of course, Buddy Guy's Slippin' In is a Chicago classic. Murali Coryell's 2120 has some blues standard's that pay homage to the originals. Eric Clapton has always been steeped in the blues, but really hit the mark with; From The Cradle. I rate Chris Duarte's debut release; Texas Sugar up there with the rest if guitar riffs and great tone is music to your ears. The Stax 50th Anniversary collection has some keepers in it: Lots of Sam & Dave, Booker T & the MG's and Otis Redding.

No comments:
Post a Comment