Sunday, July 19, 2015

Samantha Fish


In case you haven't already heard. . .  From Kansas City Missouri comes one of the most polarizing women in the blues to date. Twenty Five year old Samantha Fish hits the ground running and completely captivates a crowd when she takes the stage with a guitar in her hand. There is no doubt you get a sense she is driven when it comes to entertaining the audience with her fiery mix of Hill Country Blues, Rock and American Blues. Relentless in her touring, The "Kansas City Bomber" and band have played a plethora of blues festivals and shows across the county and overseas to the delight of  thousands of appreciative fans.
Which brings us to "Wild Heart" -the much anticipated & latest collection of studio songs by Ms Fish. This recording flows well and is a great mix of complex genres of the blues. Right out of the shoot with the hard rocking Road Runner - this song in particular captures your attention with plenty of slide guitar, searing riffs and sultry vocals. Go Home is a compelling county blues ballad that exemplifies the soft side of Samantha's ultra smooth vocals. Jim Lee Blues Pt 1 is a stand out. I so much appreciate the diversity of the songs here. The tempo of the music changes constantly so you really don't know what to expect and I like that. It seems the unknown keeps my ears peeled if you know what I mean. Give it a listen. Easily Four Stars in my book.
Glad I attended and had stage access to two festivals Samantha Fish performed at. With my Nikon in tow, I attempted to capture the essence of this young lady's stage presence. Enjoy.





 

                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment